By Rita Wilkins
The Downsizing Designer
“Everyone dies, but not everyone has truly lived” – CS Lewis
This is one of my all-time favorite quotes because it reminds me that each day, we have a choice…
To live an ordinary life or to live an extraordinary life!
It’s about creating a clear vision for your life… what you want and what you don’t want based on your values and what matters most to you.
- Looking at how you currently spend your time, money, and energy versus how you would like to spend your time, money, and energy.
- Looking at your life through a new lens and deciding what needs to change, what you need to disrupt to have the life you really want.
Lifestyle design is about being free to live life on your own terms and believing it’s possible to design the life you really want.
And it’s also about shifting your mindset, having the courage to step out of your comfort zone, to question and challenge the way things are so you can create a vision for yourself and your life, turning that vision, that dream into your own reality.
But it takes work… hard work!
To live intentionally… you have to want it, believe it, and do the work!
You also have to expect that you will fail at times, but you will learn and grow from those experiences.
Lifestyle design is living each day as if it were your last, prioritizing your life to live in alignment with what matters most to you.
In my recent article “Prototyping A New Lifestyle”, I talked about how Decluttering Now can help you so You Can Experience the Joy of Owning Less.
How to Design the Life You Love!
1. Create a vision for yourself and your life and map it out.
2. Acknowledge and reframe your limiting beliefs that stop you from having the life you really want.
3. Discern what matters most to you. Watch those who inspire you and follow their lead!
4. Think out of the box, get very creative, expand your way of thinking for what’s possible. Challenge everything and see your life through that new lens!
5. Be open-minded, be optimistic. Embrace change and believe you can do it no matter how difficult and no matter the circumstances.
6. Continue to see the big picture. Take steps each day to achieve your dreams and your goals. If something gets in your way create new solutions to overcome them.
7. Share your dream with others and collaborate. Let them help you expand your dream and vision to help you design and live the life you love.
Check out my Amazon Best-selling Book
Want to know more? Go to my website at www.designservicesltd.com