By Rita Wilkins
The Downsizing Designer
Over the course of my interior design career of 35 plus years, I’ve heard many stories about experiences clients have had with kitchen renovations. I’ve learned something from each of those conversations so I can better serve my own clients to help them plan and prepare ahead of time what can be disruptive, messy, and stressful. Because no matter what, a kitchen renovation is invasive. It’s invading the heart of your home, the center of all your activities.
It can be frustrating and overwhelming to just think about it so many people tend to put it off fearing the worst-case scenario.
Check out this blog post: Important Tips You Should Know Prior to Undertaking a Big Renovation.
What Are You Missing by Not Upgrading Your Kitchen Now?
4 Reasons You Might Be Resisting A Kitchen Renovation
1. Fear of repeating past mistakes
- A bad experience from a previous kitchen renovation.
- Selecting the wrong contractor again.
- Not getting professional assistance the last time.
- Thinking I could do it myself.
- Taking much longer than expected.
- Costing far more than I budgeted.
2. Overwhelmed by the process
- The enormous amount of detail involved.
- The number of selections and coordination that needs to occur.
- There are so many decisions need to be made… will I get it right?
- The inevitable self-doubt… will the new plan work?
- The lack of knowledge about the process, resources, costs, etc.
3. It’s so expensive to upgrade a kitchen!
- How can I stay within my budget?
- How can I maximize my budget?
- How can I get the most of my money?
- What are ways I can get what I want without sacrificing quality or look?
4. It’s so disruptive and messy!
- It takes so much time!
- It’s noisy!
- There’s dust everywhere!
If any of these objections to renovating your kitchen resonate with you…
Free Download: Designer Kitchen Tips
A kitchen renovation can be…
I would like to ask those of you who had have successful kitchen renovations…
now that you are enjoying your beautiful new kitchen, was it worth the effort, the cost, and the disruptions? Are you glad you did it?
Ask yourself, what are you missing by not renovating your kitchen now?
Why not start enjoying your new kitchen now?
If you have any questions or interested in doing a kitchen remodel, but have concerns, feel free to reach out to me for a complimentary 30-minute phone consultation, click here.
Having designed over 350 kitchens over the last 35 years, I am here to help you in any way to design and live the life you love!